Samplecraze Harmonic Distortion
Samplecraze announced the release of their latest production video on the subject of Harmonic distortion:
According to Samplecraze, more and more producers are turning to tape saturation and valve driving to attain warmth and a full bodied texture for their production and sound design projects.
This video covers the theory and application behind harmonic distortion, with the following topics:
- What is harmonic distortion? How does it occur in tape and valve based systems?
- What are active gain stages?
- What are odd and even harmonics and how do they affect the sound?
- How to create odd and even harmonics and blend them to create new textures.
- What is hysteresis?
- What is bias?
- What are triodes and pentodes and how do they affect harmonics?
- What is tape saturation and how do you process it?
- What are the characteristics of tape?
- What is saturation compression?
- What is magnetic threshold?
- What are grids?
- What are valves and how do they work?
- How to use tape saturation and valves plugins (ferox/ psp vintage warmer/ psp tape sat2/ voxengo tube amp/ nomad tape warmer/christortion)
Visit this page for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Nine Volt Audio The Beat Aesthetic The Beat Aesthetic comes with orty-four beat suites for 44 songs, with each suite containing what a track needs to get from start to finish.
- Sir Elliot SL–1 Clipping Limiter Sir Elliot has released the SL–1, a free soft clipping limiter effect plugin for Windows.
- CK_Modules Multi-Band Processor in Special Offer Bundle CK_Modules has added the Multi-Band Processor VST effect plug-in to its Special Offer Bundle.