Unfiltered Audio G8 noise gate plug-in
Unfiltered Audio has developed an innovative noise gate plug-in for Mac and PC that allows more than simple dynamic processing.
With the Unfiltered Audio G8, you can experiment and create various amplitude effects (noise reduction, AM/granular synthesis, stutter effect, bouncing ball-type rhythmic programing, tremolo, pan, transient shaping and more).
- Cycle and One-Shot modes for sound experimentation
- Customizable MIDI inputs and outputs to trigger the G8 from MIDI clips or sync instruments for drum replacement or groove extraction
- Reject outputs to listen the audio that is blocked by the gate, which allows for creating amplitude-depended effect chains
- Flip mode that swaps standard outputs with Reject outputs, which allows for using the G8 as a compressor or remove grains from the audio
- Expert mode with advanced routing, amplitude and filtering features for each channel as well as individual input monitoring of up to 4 channels
- Sidechain supported
- Independent output and analysis gains
- RMS and Peak meters
- Lookahead control with latency data reporting to the host
- Wet/Dry control for parallel compression/gating/expansion, with latency compensation of the dry signal to avoid phase issues
- Variable gating depth reduction control
- Hold and Hysteresis settings
- Lock specific parameters when changing presets
The plug-in has been updated to v1.1, an update that adds an Audition mode to listen to the filtered sidechain, true zero-latency and various GUI improvements.
G8 is a VST and AU plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows 32 and 64-bit. It is completed with a Steam key so that you can use the Cloud to backup and sync your presets. A trial version is available at unfilteredaudio.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- 24 hours to discover the Toontrack deal Toontrack has opened the second door if its Advent Calendar for a special offer that is available until tomorrow only.
- New Heavyocity and Icebreaker Audio synths Heavyocity released a bundle with two percussive and melodic synth designed by Iceabreaker Audio for the full version of Reaktor 5.
- From Creation to Final Mix Part 2 Discover today the second part of the Avid/Puremix video series dedicated to the The Arrows music creation with producer Fab Dupont.