Apple OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Apple OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

Operating System from Apple belonging to the Mac OS series.

Hatsubai Hatsubai

« Small update to Leopard »

Publié le 06/06/11 à 16:33
The OS itself is extremely stable. In fact, this OS is more stable than the previous 10.5 in regards to Wi-Fi. Where was 10.5 always had issue with dropping the Wi-Fi connection every time the wind blew, 10.6 seems to be rock solid. I've used this version since goldmaster, and I haven't had any issues in terms of stability or crashing issues. I never read manuals, so I can't comment on that. OS X has built-in help for anything you might need, and their forum is great at helping people as well. The general configuration seems to be setup just like any other OS X. In fact, this was mainly an "under the hood" upgrade to help revise the way storage is defined and allow for 64-bit applications.

As I stated above, this OS is crazy stable. I haven't had any issues with it since I began running the goldmaster when it was released to developers. We're now on the 6th revision of the 6th OS X, so it's gone through a few changes, and I can't imagine anybody having any real issues. There were a few times where certain plug-ins weren't compatible with my Logic Pro 9, but that was a plug-in issue and not an actual OS X issue. All of these plug-ins have since been updated, so no issues there. The OS itself is crazy snappy, and I have no issues when it comes to running the Apple software. I've been using this OS since goldmaster, but I've been using Apple computers for over 19 years now.

This is easily the best OS that Apple has released. While some people complained that there wasn't a huge update between this and 10.5, I found that the 64-bit compatibility and stable Wi-Fi drivers were easily worth the $20 upgrade that they charged for this. There was a lot of "under the hood" reconfiguration that went on, so I can see why Apple charged the price they did for it. While it doesn't look that much different, I guarantee you that it'll be more stable than the 10.5 OS X of yesteryear.