Antares Announces AVOX 2
Antares Audio Technologies has announced the planned April release of AVOX 2, the second generation of the Antares Vocal Toolkit.
Antares says: Building on the power of the original AVOX plug-in bundle, AVOX 2 adds an additional five state-of-the-art vocal processing modules, including the recently released Harmony Engine Vocal Modeling Harmony Generator.
New plug-ins in AVOX 2 include:
- Harmony Engine Vocal Modeling Harmony Generator: A real-time harmony generating plug-in.
- MUTATOR Extreme Voice Designer: MUTATOR provides a combination of tools for creating unusual, weird, or downright wacky voices. It features pitch shifting, throat modeling, pitch-tracking ring modulator-based 'mutation,'� and a mind-bending Alienization function.
- ARTICULATOR Vocal Formant and Amplitude Modeler: described as a modern-day version of the venerable talk box, ARTICULATOR is designed to let a user extract the formant and amplitude information from a vocal (or other dynamic source) and apply it to any other audio track. For talking guitars, singing synths, and a range of special effects.
- WARM Tube Saturation Generator: Based on Antares' Tube plug-in, WARM is designed to warm up vocals with Antares' tube modeling technology.
- ASPIRE Aspiration Noise Processor: Antares says that ASPIRE is the world's first tool for modifying a voice's breathiness independently of its harmonic content. Whether reducing a bit of vocal rasp or adding a bit of smokiness, ASPIRE is designed to allow the modification the amount and quality of a voice's aspiration noise (the component of every voice that's the result of air passing over the vocal chords) without otherwise affecting the vocal's harmonic characteristics.
These new additions join the original five AVOX plug-ins:
* THROAT Physical Modeling Vocal Designer
* DUO Vocal Modeling Auto-Doubler
* CHOIR Vocal Multiplier
* PUNCH Vocal Impact Enhancer
* SYBIL Variable Frequency De-Esser
AVOX 2 will be available in April for RTAS (Mac and PC), VST (Mac and PC) and Audio Units (Mac) for an MSRP in the USA of $599.00 (which represents a greater than 60% savings over the MSRPs of the individual plug-ins). Upgrades will be available to owners of Harmony Engine and the original AVOX bundle.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Precision Sound ACE 3000 The Ace Tone ACE 3000 was one of the last organs before Ace Tone became Roland Corporation.
- Inspiration Sounds Dobro Dobro is a new collection of loops for country music producers and soundtrack composers. It features 515MB of Dobro licks and slides performed by country legend, Bob Dixon, who has been active on the international Country Music scene for 35 years.
- Faber Acoustical SignalSuite 3.0 Faber Acoustical released version 3 of its SignalSuite audio test signal software.