< All Waves Mercury reviews
Hatsubai Hatsubai

« The BEST bundle out there »

Published on 08/04/11 at 20:11
Waves is probably the most famous plugin manufacturer in the entire world. Their list of plugins is ridiculous, and their quality is unbeatable. Anybody who has a recording studio will tell you that Waves plugins are some of the first things they buy due to how versatile these are. It would take forever to list what plugins are included in this package. There are hundreds upon hundreds. And you can tell that by the way it costs. However, it's worth every penny. You'll need your iLok to use this, but that's not a huge deal. Some people hate it, but I can easily deal with it considering the quality software I'm getting.

When it comes to things like stability and overall performance, Waves tends to be at the top of the totem pole. I've never experienced a single crash, freeze or hiccup while using any Waves plugin, let alone this one. They all seem to be super stable, which is a huge plus for something as critical as a recording environment. The plugin itself is cross platform compatible, so there is no issue when it comes to using this with either an Apple or Windows based computer. The biggest problem I experienced simply has to do with the recently technological evolution of OSes. My DAW and OS are now 64 bit. However, these plugins are still 32 bit. For Logic Pro to fully utilize this plugin, it needs to run a bridge application, unless I want to gimp down my DAW. It's a bit of a pain, but it works. I'm hoping they update these to 64 bit in the future. I've been using the Mercury bundle for the past half a year or so, and it's been working out great.

Waves plugins have saved my recordings time and time again. They're absolutely invaluable towards people like me who have smaller recording studios and can't afford to clutter up their space with tons of different outboard gear. I know this is an expensive package, but this is the second best investment I've ever made, next to my mic preamp I'm currently using. However, please don't pirate this software. You're taking away tons of R&D money from Waves whenever you do this, and it hurts those of us who try to support the developers.