Waves introduces BSS DPR-402 plugin
Waves presents a plugin rendition of the versatile dynamics processor DPR-402 by BSS.
Working in collaboration with BSS Audio, Waves has modeled the long-unavailable DPR-402 dynamics processor as a plugin, bringing back its diverse functions and sounds and adding new features for extra flexibility and ease of use.
While the BSS DPR-402 can be used as a mere compressor, limiter or de-esser, it is said to really shows its colors when these processes are combined and used to selectively process individual parts of the audio band, leaving the rest of the spectrum untouched. Possibilities range from low-frequency expansion and narrow-band compression to general dynamic equalization to create surprising enhancement effects.
Waves has also added five features unique to the plugin: an MS matrix to separately process the mid and the sides, a Mix control to balance the processed and unprocessed signal, a Noise control to add or remove the modeled noise of the original unit, a Gain Reduction control, and an option for separate L/R metering.
Full features include:
- Separate control of the dynamics of selected frequency ranges
- 12 modes providing quick access to diverse combinations of dynamics processing
- Two independent sidechains per channel for extra flexibility
- Auto mode for program-dependent attack and release control
- MS matrix for separate mid-sides processing
Viewers of this article also read...
- Loops de la Crème releases Retro Strings Loops de la Crème has released their new ROMpler, Retro Strings.
- Spektro Audio's CV Toolkit 2.2 now available Spektro Audio have just released the new CV Toolkit 2.2 update.
- HoRNet releases SongKey MK2 2.0.1 update HoRNet has updated SongKey MK2 to version 2.0.1.