< Tous les avis Zvex Box of Rock Vexter
Zvex Box of Rock Vexter
Dca lp Dca lp

«  Unavoidable .. »

Published on 09/13/14 at 17:32
Overdrive pedal transistor circuit with "hard-on" created by visionary Zechariah able to can a JTM45 pushed into a corner and almost a clean boost.
Simple and effective connectivity:
- Volume booster
- Overdrive volume
- Tone
- Gain
- 2 switches booster / overdrive
- Input and output true bypass (I assume given the circuit)
- Input type boss to supply 9V + (• - or stack.

Placing child, 2 jacks, an amp and a guitar and let's rock!
The little knobs facilitates settings, everything at noon and it sounds except the boost prudent combination lest your speakers through the Tolex your favorite 2x12 because it sends harsh!
However, even if this pedal still sounds, the fact remains that it knows how to be subtle.
Indeed, the knobs are responsive and allow their relatively wide access to various sounds, soft and shimmering percussive beach or as the fist of a Polish drunk on a table when he realized that there was shortage of vodka .. I will discuss below (sounds, huh!)

I recently started using this pedal on an Ibanez head TSA15-h + Engl 4x12 Celestion V12-60 equipped with mainly a Gibson Les Paul with Emg pickups 57/66 (for those who do not know, see the opinion that I 've left on these, very successful and is closer to microphones bam supercharged), a Squier Strat (SSS tex mex) and a Gretsch g5259 special jet (microphones Dearmond Us). With the lp, we live in sounds to AC / DC, the gain at noon.
The gain in depth it sounds like hard rock Guns'n'Roses, see.
With the Gretsch is already different: the output level is lower and it will do with playing in more rock than hard rock records.
In short, it can range from very mild subtle crunch, crunch through a more sustained effort to finally kicking the big fat rock hard if the pickups are humbuckers that send a minimum.
Passont the booster: it can be implemented alone or in addition to the overdrive, which will further extend the capabilities of the rock box. On one, it will warm your sound by injecting him what little I know what I very adictif. Climbing gradually it, we can do slightly cruncher arpeggios while retaining clarity. Attention, as mentioned above, it boosts the volume, adding something, but no extra gain because it is placed after the overdrive and not before. But then this something is what ?!
It's hard to describe, the overdrive becomes edgier, more open somehow.
If you want to hunt in more couillus records, put a TS9 or boosters and ts-like and there: bah is not a pie in the face that you make, but the ball!

I tried it and not have a lot of pedals (over 35, see my gear plug, which mainly od or distos) and honestly this box of rock still empty as me.
To say that it sounds like a JTM45 and the loud arguing?
Well I do not know! I do not own this amp, so I will not speculate on a few comparisons whatsoever. But it is clear that it sounds your Marshall, we find this famous sound as heard on the pieces of these last 3 or 4 decades, so yes, I do it again this choice.
As you can see, I'm thrilled.
The price is in my opinion justified by the sounds and sensations it provides, I am not crazy bad if the price of return is 30 or $ 50, because we had to be able to create it and it is precisely this famous expertise which has a price. And as we keep it to life almost is already paid! :-)