Sample Logic Cinematic Guitars 2
Sample Logic has announced Cinematic Guitars 2, a new collection of some 1200 instruments and multis for Kontakt Player and Kontakt.
The designers at Sample Logic say that guitars were chained up, drilled, shattered, sledge hammered, and set on fire for this collection.
CG2 hosts a collection of interface controls providing 40 sections of onscreen effects and parameters. The main foundation of the interface is built upon Sample Logic's "multi-core effect sequencer", first introduced in the original Cinematic Guitars. Now, in CG2, this interface has been expanded with the ability to control effects by assigning tempo-synced step sequencers and LFOs to any instrument parameter and the option to sequence the bypass feature of each effect in realtime. In addition, all loop-based instruments can be controlled, effected, and manipulated at the transient slice level directly from the waveform view. CG2 also employs the new 4-band SSL EQ with multi-core sequencer functionality.
How It's Organized
Cinematic Guitars 2 is divided into 3 main categories: Atmospheres, Instrumentals and Percussives. Each contains a variety of sounds such as: explosive impacts, industrial kits, tempo-synced melodic & rhythmic loops, arpeggiated instruments, atmospheres, leads, pads, synths, transitions, stingers, and a collection of traditional guitar instruments.
CG2 introduces a new feature called "Trigger FX". TFX provide 48 effect chains that can be triggered from any one or combination of six on-screen key pads and by key-switches on the keyboard map. TFX can also be triggered via the "Arppegigater" and can also be used with loop-based instruments on a transient slice basis.
Multi Script Macros
One of the features introduced in CG2 is the "Multi Script Macros" feature. Every Multi in CG2 contains up to 6 Macro knobs that can be assigned to control any combination of interface parameters. Multi script macros are customizable and can be created and saved as custom multi macros. By design, any combination of instrument interface parameters can be assigned to a single macro.
- Atmospheric/Ambient Soundscapes and Stinger Construction Kits.
- Morphed Guitars, Synths, and Pads.
- Melodic and Percussive tempo-synced Loops.
- Melodic and Percussive Arppegigated/Arpeggiated/Gated Instruments.
- Percussive Impacts, Big Hit Ensembles, and Kits.
- Swipes, Scrapes, and Reverse Transitional Effects.
- 80 score-ready multis.
- Multis with up to 6 customizable Multi Script Macros (playable interactive preset templates made from multiple instruments).
- Bonus multis created by award-winning composer Bill Brown.
- Kontakt 5 Player – 5.0.3 or higher (free download) or retail version of Kontakt 5.0.3 or higher (sold separately).
- Mac OS X: Mac OS X 10.6 or 10.7 (latest update), Intel Core Duo (will not work in OS 10.5 or lower), 2 GB RAM.
- Windows PC: Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit) Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2GB RAM.
- 1 GB free disk space for Kontakt 5 Player.
- 17 GB free disk space for sample content.
- 17+ GB library (direct download only).
- 1200+ Instruments & Multis.
- Stand-alone, VST, AU, DXi, RTAS (Pro Tools 9 or higher), ASIO, CoreAudio, WASAPI.
Pricing & Availability
Cinematic Guitars 2 MSRP is $399.99 and it will be released as a Direct Download on October 1, 2012.
For more info and to save by pre-ordering visit: www.samplelogic.com/products/cinematicguitars2
Viewers of this article also read...
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?
- The top commercial audio editing software for 2018 Four years after our first poll on the topic, few things have changed in the world of audio editors, at least according to our French readers.