Noisebud releases Burt 2
Noisebud has released version 2 of its virtual modular bass synth, Burt.
Built around a traditional chain of subtractive synthesis, Burt 2 walks in the steps of its predecessor in adding distortion instead of going the usual way with a nice, clean signal chain. The signal is meant to be distorted and/or exaggerated at every single step of its path, so even starting with the cleanest sine wave you might very well end up with something completely different - and might even not hear any difference if you change the original signal to a saw or square.
Burt 2 is available in two versions, one free and one available for $7.99 in donationware.
The free version features:
- New limiter to spare your monitors (and ears).
- Fake Stereo (similar to Noisebud's Haas effect-based pHaase plugin).
- 2 different trigger modes for the VCA and VCF.
- a LOT of bugfixes compared with version 1.
In addition, the donationware version offers:
- Control of the the LFO amount with the Modulation Wheel.
- Control of the the LFO speed with the Modulation Wheel.
- 5 Additional seasoning distortion algorithms.
Also, Burt 2 is currently not part of Noisebud's All Plugins bundle - a decision Noisebud partly explains by the need to delay software piracy.
More details and audio demos are available at Noisebud's website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- IK Multimedia releases Riff Maestro IK Multimedia has released Riff Maestro, a free mobile app which they describe as "a guitar teacher in your pocket".
- 55% off Toontrack's Core expansion for EZMix 2 Today's Holiday Deal at Toontrack gives you the opportunity to get the Core expansion for EZMix2 at 55% off.
- OverTone DSP updates AF2-10 OverTone DSP has released version 2.4.4 of their AF210 Graphical EQ for Windows, Mac and Linux.