Tone2 Audiosoftware has announced the forthcoming release of its new Rayblaster synthesizer plugin for Windows and Mac OS X.
Tone2 says that Rayblaster employs a new synthesis technique called Impulse Modelling Synthesis (IMS). Opposed to using looped waveforms, Impulse Modelling Synthesis creates its sound by using short bursts of energy, which are then combined to form its sound. According to the company, this is designed to allow free manipulation of pitch, time and timbre in real-time to create complex compositions.
Tone2 says IMS no longer requires a separate filter section, as its oscillators can authentically mimic the filter sound of other synthesizers and filters, using one of the factory impulse presets or by importing one of your own impulses. RayBlaster is said the be capable of modelling both the sound of existing filters, as well as creating new artificial filters.
- New synthesis method: Impulse Modelling Synthesis.
- IMS synthesis provides independent control over pitch, timing and timbre.
- Filter impulse import: mimic the filters of other synthesizers or create your own experimental / fantasy filters.
- Resynthesis allows for import & manipulation of your own sounds.
- Quick importers for resynthesis or drumloop synthesis.
- Psychoacoustic processing.
- 500 sounds.
- 18 high quality effects.
- LFOs capable of running at audio-rate.
- Arpeggiator section with configuration possibilities; swing, chord steps, step velocity,...
- Modulation Matrix with new modulation features, including unique modulation value modifiers.
Pricing has not yet been announced.
Viewers of this article also read...
- FilterBank Sale November 6-9 McDSP offers FilterBank Native for $149 ($50 savings) and FilterBank HD for $199 ($100 savings).
- NI Komplete Audio 6 & Guitar Rig 5 Pro Bundle Native Instruments launched a special time-limited offer on Komplete Audio 6.
- IK iGrand Piano for iPhone & iPod Touch IK Multimedia announces the release of iGrand Piano for iPhone and iPod touch, an app, offering 17 stereo pianos.