Boss SD-1 SUPER OverDrive
Boss SD-1 SUPER OverDrive

SD-1 SUPER OverDrive, Overdrive pedal from Boss.

MGR/Billy 11/02/2010

Boss SD-1 SUPER OverDrive : MGR/Billy's user review

"Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive"

• +1
  • Mail
This is the 3 knob, yellow Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive pedal. My goal was to turn it into a more bass friendly overdrive pedal.

I bought this pedal through AMS American Musical Supply for $40. I ordered it and it shipped the next day. Great service as always from AMS! I bought it as an introduction to pedal modding.

I like the pedal because it is built so darn tough. It was easy to take apart and work on. I removed the C6 capacitor, upgraded the C3 capacitor to a .01uf metal cap and jumped the R10 slot with a bare wire.

What that did was make the tone knob sweepable and allowed more bass through the circuit.

Not much I didn't like about the pedal. I mean stock it isn't too great. It's very treblely, but hey for 20 minutes of work and $2 in parts you can have the pedal sounding as good as one two to three times in price.

Beyond tough. If you broke a Boss pedal, you're doing something terribly wrong!

With a little bit of work this can be a great overdrive pedal. If you're looking for a first pedal to mod, this is the pedal. You can turn it into a Tubescreamer easily. $40 brand new, you aren't going to find a better deal.