E-MU 1820

PCI/ISA + Rack Soundcard from E-MU

Thread Standard Audigy 2 problems re: ASIO drivers in Cubase SL

• 21 replies
  • 8 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Standard Audigy 2 problems re: ASIO drivers in Cubase SL
Hi all,

I've just invested in a new PC with Cubase SL in order to finally make some of those guitar/vocal recordings that I've been meaning to.

Problem is, my Soundblaster Audigy 2 soundcard (which I was assured is ASIO compatible and came with an ASIO driver) will currently only work in Cubase SL using the "ASIO Multimedia Driver" or the "ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver", both of which introduce a ~0.7 second delay on all overdubbing. I've read that using a standard ASIO driver should enable me to dub over without these delay problems, but whenever I switch to the "Creative ASIO Driver" or "SB Audigy ASIO Driver", I get no signal from my mic.

Anyone had similar problems, or able to recommend what I can do to get Cubase working with a true ASIO soundcard setup (preferably without having to upgrade my Audigy soundcard...)?

Thanks in advance for your help...

Pete
Show first post
Hi - I'm not at my home pc at the moment so I don't have access to cubase, but from memory...

In Cubase, select the necessary driver in VST Setup & use the control panel to minimise the latency to 2ms. Then go to Devices/VST Inputs & scroll down until you see the input for Line 3 (it should have a L/R number next to it) - switch it on, then go back to your main arrangement window, select the track you want to record on then change the "in" (normally default to 1L/2R or something like that) & select the number that corresponds with the input you just selected in VST inputs (it should only give you the option to use the inputs that have been activated here) - then press your monitoring button (see above for description) & you should see the green level indicators working when you play in audio. It will now record in audio using the 2ms latency drivers. The monitor button should also automatically sync up with your surround mixer & mute/unmute the necessary input. Let me know if there are any more probs!
EliMuso
Press the "on" button! It should go blue just like you were switching on an effect - note, they'll only show when using the correct ASIO driver
EliMuso
will it work for Cubase SX 2.0.1? By the way where are you from? I am from Israel. And you?
I'm in the UK. I'm using SX 1 at the moment as I haven't yet upgraded (gonna go straight to 3 I think LOL) but the principle should be the same
EliMuso
I lived in the UK for 5 years. Well, yeah - I will get home around 16.00 ur time and I will try to do what u said - any problems I will post you. BTW do you have any icq or any other messenger?
I do but I'm not gonna post it on a public forum! I'll PM you with the details. However I'm out most of the day doing a recording session at somebody else's studio but sould be in around GMT 22:00.
EliMuso
Sorry about that looks like I didn't paste the entire thing in when I last posted it - d'oh! :rolleyes:
EliMuso
http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?skip=1

the answer to all your problems

It made my soundblaster live platinum work like a smooth...

Only limitation, is that you have to record only @ 48.000

Check it out, and give it some time...
to EliMuso: about the "However this can be very processor-hungry & when big arrangements are run through these ASIO drivers ther can be weird, grainy, fizzy, digital distortion - I tend to switch back to full-duplex to mix stuff, but for recording it means you can get all your audio & MIDI in sync while you record. I have emailed creative about the distortion issue, maybe this is something they can fix with the next update patch."

Did you get an answer from Creative? I got the same problem...

Cheers,

Dulin