DW Drums 5000 TD3
DW Drums 5000 TD3

Single Bass Drum Pedal from DW Drums belonging to the 5000 series.

Publié le 09/01/10 à 20:00
The DW 5000 TD3 is a kick drum pedal for use with a full drum kit. I see these kick drum pedals everywhere, as they seem to be the standard for use with DW kits and beyond. I'm primarily not a drummer, but I do dabble and have played a few different drum kits using this pedal. Since I'm not a drummer, I'm definitely not an expert when it comes to pedals, but I have to say that this one feels really good and overall quite natural. It's snaps back quickly and feels easy on the feet for sure. It has a really sturdy build as well, as it has a reputation for lasting long, which can also be said about DW products in general. I don't know if the DW 5000 TD3 comes with any of DW's kits, but it can be purchased on it's own if you wanted to have it for use with another type of drum kit. The beater on the pedal is pretty hard, and of course depending on the kick drum, it generally gives you a pretty tight and punchy sort of sound. It's perfect for rock drumming, but I'm not sure that it would be the best choice for jazz or something where you might want a sparser sort of sound. The price of the DW 5000 TD3 is reasonable for a top tier kick drum pedal, but it's all relative as you can certainly find a full drum set for this price if you wanted something super cheap. I'd definitely recommend that anyone looking for a kick drum pedal check out this one to see if it's for you or not. It's not a beginners pedal, but if you're an experienced pedal looking for a great kick drum pedal, the DW 5000 TD3 is a must see.