Voxengo Warmifier 2
Voxengo announces the release of Warmifier version 2, a valve warming/harmonic enhacing plugin for music and audio production applications.
It is available in AudioUnit and VST plug-in formats (including native 64-bit support), for Mac OS X (v10.5 and later), and Windows computers.
Warmifier is a special plug-in which processes audio signal in a way similar to analog valve equipment. By using Warmifier you can achieve valve warming and “console” coloration effects, the company says.
Warmifier is applicable both to the complete mixes and to the individual instrument tracks. You have several parameters at your disposal that allow you to control the strength and the color of the effect. Also, you have several valve types to choose from. Each valve type offers a different overall coloration.
While the effect of this plug-in is subtle, the difference it makes is similar to the difference in sound between different analog mixing consoles. In most cases it boils down to adding a subtle “sparkle”, “presence”, “warming” or “solidifying”
effect to a sound track it was applied to.
- 7 valve types
- 2 processing modes
- Stereo processing
- Up to 8x oversampling
- 64-bit floating point processing
- Preset manager
- Undo/redo history
- A/B comparisons
- Contextual hint messages
- All sample rates support
- 40 ms compensated processing latency
Warmifier 2.0 added the following features since version 1 (version 2 can be used in projects alongside version 1):
- Multi-platform support
- Preset manager
- User interface re-scaling
- Plug-in instance naming
Pricing & Availability:
Introductory price of USD 49.95 will be effective for three weeks from now, which is 15% off the regular price of USD 59.95. Upgrading from the previous version costs USD 19.95 if previous version was purchased earlier than 180 days from now: otherwise the upgrade is free during this grace period.
Demo version of Warmifier can be downloaded freely at the Voxengo website: www.voxengo.com/product/warmifier
Viewers of this article also read...
- Native Instruments Skanner XT Native Instruments introduced SKANNER XT, a KOMPLETE instrument, designed by the team behind REAKTOR.
- Play Queues in McDSP LouderLogic The LouderLogic Audio Player now includes dynamic Play Queues for interacting with your iTunes library on the fly.
- Blue Cat Audio Freeware Pack II Blue Cat Audio has released an update for Blue Cat's Freeware Pack II, its free audio plug-ins for Mac and PC.