Distorque Plusdistortion v0.9.2 Beta
Distorque has released a beta version of Plusdistortion, an emulation of an MXR Distortion+.
It has a range of distortion sounds from "a little bit of dirt to a giant fuzz/crunch tone," according to Distorque. It is designed to emulate the germanium diode clipping used in the Distortion+, as well as the lo-fi op amp and other aspects of the circuit.
In addition to the normal distortion and output controls, the following controls have been added:
- Input Type: This emulates the interaction between the pedal and a guitar pickup. 'Pickup' adds a low-pass filter on the input and 'Buffered' removes this filter.
- Input Level: This is a linear volume control on the input of the effect. At maximum, the pedal acts as if 0dB = 2V, at half it acts as if 0dB = 1V, etc. This goes all the way down to no input.
This effect is currently in beta, and Distorque is looking for help testing it. In particular, someone to compare this to a real Distortion+, but other comments and suggestions are welcome.
Plusdistortion is free and is available for Windows as a VST effect plug-in.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Applied Acoustics Systems Cinémathèque Applied Acoustics Systems releases the Cinémathèque sound bank for the Ultra Analog VA-1 and AAS Player plug-ins.
- SKnote Presence on Mac SKnote has released the Mac OS X VST version of Presence, a multimode dynamic exciter useful to add body, presence and air to tracks and mixes, according to the company.
- Steinberg HALion Sonic 1.5.2 Steinberg has updated HALion Sonic to version 1.5.2.