Distorque Plusdistortion v1.0
Distorque has announced the release of version 1.0 of Plusdistortion, a free Windows VST effect plug-in that emulates an MXR Distortion+.
Plusdistortion has a range of distortion sounds from "a little bit of dirt to a giant fuzz/crunch tone." It emulates the germanium diode clipping used in the Distortion+, as well as the lo-fi op amp and just about every other aspect of the circuit. Various parts of the effect are also tweakable, so you can craft your own D+ based distortion.
In addition to the normal distortion and output controls, the following controls have been added:
- Input level - This is a volume control on the input of the effect. You can adjust this to compensate for different pickups, different input levels, etc.
- Oversampling - This turns 2x oversampling on and off.
- Input Type - 'Pickup' adds a resonant low-pass filter on the input to emulate the interaction between the 1nF cap on the input and a guitar pickup. 'Buffered' removes this filter.
- Op Amp Clipping - This controls the amount of distortion contributed by the emulated op amp.
- Diode Clipping - This controls the hardness of the distortion from the emulated diodes.
- High Cut - This reduces high frequencies on the output. Various distortions use controls like this to reduce harshness.
- Low Cut - This reduces low frequencies on the input. Various distortions use controls like this to reduce muddiness and increase clarity.
Viewers of this article also read...
- stw-audio REFLEX free stw-audio has released REFLEX free, a free "VST Ambience generator" plug-in for Windows.
- NUSofting Entity NUSofting has announced Entity, a new semi-modular software synthesizer, designed and produced in collaboration with Sonic Timeworks.
- discoDSP KeyPad Updated to R2 KeyPad is a global purpose OSC iPad controller template for TouchOSC and OSCulator.