or
Create an account

or

Thread Protools - Bouncing to wav

• 5 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Protools - Bouncing to wav
Im using PTLE 7.1 with an Mbox2. I've finished everything up, sounds nice, and go bounce to disk. I choose my location (under my session folder i create a folder called WAV and put it in there), choose stereo interleaved (it actually doesnt matter which if i choose summed mono or multi mono cause they all end up with the some probolem) and proceed to bounce to wav. After it's finished i open the file with my media player and its all messed up. It's crackly, levels jump around, etc. It's completely un-listenable. Does anyone have any idea what's going on. I am at a complete loss and any help would be greatly apreciated (as I need to get these tracks finished soon!!).

-koe
your "crackly" sound could be digital distortion.
keep an eye on the master level, it must not go over 0db (stay around -3db to be sure)
No, no. It's sounding fine in the tools session. There is deffinatly no peaks on the master (or any tracks for that matter) the master is peaking at -0.1.
It's deffinatly to do with the conversion because if i bounce it as MP3 there is no worries. As soon as it's wave format it gets all messed up..
have you tried bouncing to AIFF?
its practically identical to wave.
Good point. I'll give that one a shot.
Have you applied "dither" to the last insert of the Master Fader? If you were working on a 48kHz/24-bit session you need to dither to take away "remnants". HTH