or
Create an account

or

Thread Reason 3.0 Won't Record!!!

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Reason 3.0 Won't Record!!!
I'm trying to record a simple drum sequence but for some reason (no pun) the program won't record it. Basically, I set up a drum sequence w/Redrum, let it start playing, and then hit Record. I can hear the drums playing and the Mixer recognizes it but there's no blue bar in the Sequencer signifying a recorded track. And when I stop the recording and try to play it back, it's as if nothing happened. I can manually write in the notes w/the pencil tool on the sequencer keyboard but that's obviously too burdensome. I haven't attached a MIDI keyboard yet but from my understanding Reason is supposed to record the Redrum even w/out a MIDI. Any ideas???
Redrum works slightly differently (as does the REX loop player and some other Reason devices).

Right click (Option click - mac) the redrum and choose 'copy pattern to track'. Obviously have the redrum track selected in your mixer. That'll do the trick.

I highly recommend you check out all the video's in our Reason Video Tutorial Set - each tutorial discusses a different feature of Reason in-depth but in an easy to follow way.

Follow these tutorials & you'll be a pro in no time!

DoA