or
Create an account

or

Thread sound problems with cubase

• 8 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 sound problems with cubase
hi! i am having problems with cubase. i can´t hear what i´m playing via midi not even when i´m recording midi. after recording i can hear what i have played. can anyone tell me what might be wrong?
In File > Preferences > MIDI, make sure the Midi Thru Active box is checked.
i,ve checked that and its on. there is something i don´t know what is used for though, it´s the midi thru channel. might that be the origin of the problem?
And I thought macs didn't have probs, hehehe...

Seriously, I've been reading the previous posts and I just noticed... you didn't mention once about what soundcard you were using. If you're using the onboard audio, I think you should set the output to a quicktime device (not sure if you call it sound manager).
OK I have got down loaded somehting called plugsound free which gives me about 29 sounds which is a start. The VSTis that i had orignally was a drum kit (Im-7) and two synths. (A-1) Anologue synth and (VB-1). Ive also just installed the program logic(I have an apple computer) and I get no sound from that either. Im wondering if my computer is at fault rather than cubase?

%1$s a écrit ON the drop down list are only 3 VST insturments and my Midi Controller (M audio keystation). When i choose a VST instrument i get some sound. But i only get 1 sound. I cant change and get many different ones.

Well, the vst instrument has to be multitimbral (capable of playing several sounds simutaneously) in the first place. Which vsti are you referring to? Some vsti's are either monophonic (plays one sound/note at any given time) like some analog synth simulations, while others are polyphonic but are capable of one patch at any given time. Of course, there are the sound module simulations, like the Edirol Hyper Canvas, which simulate the Roland Sound Canvas module.

Each midi track in Cubase is always assigned to 1 output channel. If the vsti is multitimbral, it can playback several different sounds simultaneously but each sound has to be assigned to 1 channel each. Of course, depending on the patch, you should be able to play several notes simultaneously on 1 channel unless the patch chosen is monophonic. For multitimbral operation of the vsti, you have to create several midi tracks each assigned to a different midi channel, but all outputs assigned to the same out port, that is, the vsti in question.

hth,
ON the drop down list are only 3 VST insturments and my Midi Controller (M audio keystation). When i choose a VST instrument i get some sound. But i only get 1 sound. I cant change and get many different ones.
Of course you have to connect the output to something. Clicking on it will show a dropdown with all possible midi devices you have installed in your system, including vsti's installed in the instrument rack. If no vsti's are added to the rack, they won't be shown in the dropdown.
Hi I have the same problem as you. i think mine is something to do with the Midi Output. The display reads "Not connected". I can only gets sounds using the VST instruments but its a limited choice of synths and drums. I have the same problem with Logic(I have an Apple Mac).