or
Create an account

or

Thread Looking to build A Virtual Home Studio

• 4 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 1 follower
1 Looking to build A Virtual Home Studio
I'm new @ this and really would like some assistance in building a home studio if possible. I wish to have full control over my work, and not to have to worry about studio Cost. I'm on Windows XP Professional with a pretty big size of hardrive.... I need to know what software is more user freindly For hardcore Hip Hop, R&b and a little of Rock tune as well... I wana to be able to do it all on the pc... All I have right now is just the computer... If anyone out there is willing to share the knowledge and experience pls let me know.. I would definetly appreciated
Hi!

Before answering, I just would like to know if you would like to compose all the music and to arrange all the instrument, or if you juste would like to mix sounds, rythms, riffs etc...

You have 2 posibilities:
building a homestudio around a central sequencer
building a homestudio around virtual machines

For the first case, you have to consider sequencer like Cubase, Sonar, Logic Pro Tools etc... as central plateform
For the second case, Storm, reason, etc... are more adapted

Tell us what you realy want
For now I believe I would prefer mix sounds, rythms, riff, I would also love to do compose the music so what are the main software that would the job..thank you very much for your response
Ok, I think you'd better consider all in one studio like Reason/Propellerheads, Project 5/Cakewalk, Storm/Arturia etc... These are live mixing and electronic music composing oriented. You will find all you need with these softwares: synths, groove boxes, sequencer, sampler, fx, mixer, ...

www.propellerheads.se
www.cakewalk.com
www.arturia.com

These are not "cheap" softwares ;-) but proffessional quality.

You also have Ejay or equivalent, but this is definitivly not the same way of making music.
Just created a profile today adding myself to the millions of newbs trying to build their own home studio. I'm starting off with a tascam 1508 and reason 5 and an akai mpk. Where do I go from here?