Empress Effects Tremolo Plug-In
Empress Effects has announced the release of its new Empress Tremolo plug-in, which is a digital re-creation of the Empress Tremolo Pedal.
Empress Effects say they have included all the features from the hardware pedal along with some bonus features, including stereo operation.
Here is the list of extra features, according to Empress:
- Accurate Sync: The Plugin is able to sync to your Digital Audio Workstation. This means you can play through the whole song and don't have to worry about your Tremolo going out of time. It will sync up at the DAW tempo, 1/2x, 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, and 6x the DAW tempo.
- Phase: This feature goes hand in hand with the sync feature. You're able to adjust the phase of the Tremolo's waveform, this way you can have always pulsing on the beat, or on the off-beat, or slightly before the beat, slightly after the beat... you get the idea.
- Stereo Operation: There are four stereo modes:
o Linked: in this setting the Left and Right channels pulse together.
o Ping-Pong: in this setting the Left and Right channels are opposite - i.e. When the left channel is loud the right channel is quiet. This allows the Tremolo to work extremely well as an auto-panner.
o Left follows Right: In this setting the waveform shape of the left channel is slightly delayed relative to the right waveform.
o Right follows Left: In this setting the waveform shape of the right channel is slightly delayed relative to the left waveform.
o The Stereo modes allow the plug-in to act like an autopanner on steroids.
- Use it anywhere: Not just for the guitar anymore.
- Use it everywhere: The obvious advantage with plug-ins is you can use them on multiple tracks.
- Automation: Now you can automate all the parameters and control them in real-time with your DAW.
- Waveform Selection: You can modulate your sound with three different waveforms. An asymmetrical tremolo was modeled after a '65 Fender Vibrolux (brown face) to give you the fullest tremolo sound possible. A square wave can be utilized if you're after a harder sound. And if you're looking for a more normal tremolo, you can use the triangle wave setting.
- Tap Tempo: The Empress Trem averages your last four taps so it plays in sync with your music. You can also choose different tap to tremolo rate ratios. 1:1, 1:2, and 1:4 are available.
- Two-Speed Mode: An exclusive feature to the Empress Trem. You're able to set two different rates, and switch between them using the tap tempo stompswitch. This is similar to playing through a Leslie cabinet and changing the speed.
- Rhythms: The Empress Trem will definitely do your run-of-the-mill tremolo sound to a tee. But you can also set it to play different rhythms.
Gain: A problem with most tremolos on the market is that when they're engaged, you hear a noticeable drop in volume. The Empress Trem solves this by having a gain stage on the output. It's able to deliver up to 6dB of gain to the signal.
Pricing & Availability
Priced at $79, Empress Tremolo is available for Windows and Mac OS X in VST and AU plug-in formats.
The hardware Tremolo Pedal can still be purchased for $249.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Trilian Release Date Pushed Back Spectrasonics has announced that the release of Trilian will be delayed by one month - the new release date is expected to be June 29, 2009.
- Kong Audio ChineeGuanZi Kong Audio has announced the release of ChineeGuanZi, the 9th installment in the Chinee Series product line.
- Prime Loops Moogalicious Moogalicious Funk Loops is a blend of synthesizer loops for Urban and Dance Producers and DJ’s, influenced by landmark musicians such as Stevie wonder, Parliament, Herbie Hancock, Motown Records, George Clinton, The Crusaders, Kool & The Gang, Funkadelic, Sly & The Family Stone and more.