or
Create an account

or

Thread M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96 - firmware upgrade

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96 - firmware upgrade
Hello, I'm writing to see if anyone has had a similar experience and can hopefully help to resolve my problem. I have a MicroTrack 24/96 recorder that was working perfectly. However, to stay current I decided to upgrade to the latest version of firmware and that is where my problems began. I was on version 1.4.3 and the new version is 1.4.6 - I followed the instructions on the firmware upgrade provided by M-Audio to the letter (this is not the first time I've upgraded the firmware) and the unit went dead (turned off) when the upgrade was complete. The unit now will not power up at all - it is dead. I was working with a M-Audio tech who provided instructions on how to create and activate the rescue disk function within the unit...it all looked good and I thought that success was near. However, the unit would not respond to the rescue button sequence and it is still dead. Now they are saying that unit is defective and has to be returned to the dealer for service (and since it is out of warranty most likely billable). Not sure if anyone has had a similar experience but thought I would check first - seems unreasonable to have to send a unit in for a vendor provided software upgrade. Anyone?? Suggestions?? thx,
Does you problem have anything to do with this:

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.drivers&f=739
Thanks for this but I've reviewed the material on that page and checked that I have the correct firmware for the MicroTrack 24/96. I'd be happy if my unit would do anything but it is basically dead in the water. thanks again,