Create an account

or

Thread Need More Depth

• 11 replies
  • 6 participants
  • 0 follower
Topic Need More Depth
Hey everyone whats up?
Me and my band recently recorded a 3 song demo, and Im pleased at how it was recorded. The thing I dont like to much about it is the mix. ie. The guitars are very low in the mix and sound really ?tinny?, the vocals are way too loud, etc.
I was screwing around with Cool Edit to try and bring up the mids abit and give the tracks some more depth and demension, but I wasnt pleased with any of my results.
If anyone out there understands what I mean about depth and knows how to help me out a bit, please, your advise will be kindly appreciated.
Thanks in advance to anyone who posts input.

P.S. I dont know if I can put links on here or not.
but if you wanna check out the tunes if you dont understand what I mean, take a listen and you will instantly know what Im talking about.
http://www.liquidzen.ca/freefall
View this discussion’s subject
I havent remixed it at all. Im not sure what happened.
The one thing that I dont really like in Bombshell is the hi hat sound, especially the intro with just the drums. But I've messed with the EQ and that's the best I could get it. My drummer likes it so thats all that matters.

So later guys thanks again.

Bones.
You're right about the high end, but it's getting a bit strident in certain portions. It would do you well turn it down just a notch. Otherwise, it's ok! :)