Korg ElecTribe Es-1 MkII
Korg ElecTribe Es-1 MkII

Sampling Sequencer from Korg belonging to the ElecTribe series.

manuk manuk

«  very fun but limited »

Published on 04/07/13 at 14:57
See other opinions

super simple machines such as EA-1 and ER-1 (which I also own)., but also very limited (as of 4/4, two levels of focus, no backup mute).
the knobs are very sensitive (playing with the pitch of samples accurately is really not easy).
The sequencer is basic to basic but often it does not take plus.Toutes functions are displayed on the front (at most a shift in press). Ergonomics actually quite good pensée.Pour have a MC-303, a D2 and a Roland MC-909, it is the opposite here in terms of ease of use and management main.en few hours the machine is known in every corner (which is far from being the case for Roland). The manual is clear and sufficient. on the other hand it is not sufficient in itself, it is a tool to integrate to other machines (very philosophy Korg) as opposed to roland groovebox which may be sufficient for certain styles of music (electro, rap, dnb, rnb, ...). lunchtime poses no soucis.la memory is still very limited, forget to sample loops too long (the machine is not made for this.) but for percussive sounds and other hits, it is clear enough.
The use is very playful.

The machine abyss a little to the original sound good but it is not catastrophic either, effects are very good for some and mostly correct (or other anecdotal useless for me anyway).
One thing that I found quite annoying is that the panning is set préFX I m says, once I put the distortion on a sample that I breaded left, the sample passes on both sides with the distortion and returns to the left if I disable the effect ...
There are ways to have fun with the FX function reverse roll and pitch, the sound is triturable! Side is the most friendly of this little box.

Even though it has plenty of flaws, well I love in addition to my other machines. I remake that choice without hésiter.Payée 110 euros occaze in near new condition, this is an excellent deal.
I have several Roland (ex SP-808, MC-303 and 909, D2) and several Electribe (ER-1, EA-1), and this is certainly my favorite electribe.Si we take into account that sampler is not a sentence, it's a great little machine very simple. You will of course not all one piece with nothing but the electribe (within making music ultra minimalist yet) that n ' is not the only case of roland.Comme beatbox is a bit lighter but more versatile than the ER 1 (which has monstrous kicks and snares pretty crappy and hopefully other qualities)