Audio Impressions Notation Switchblade
Audio Impressions has released Notation Switchblade, a universal translator that fixes anomalies (tuplets, notes, styles, articulations) occurring when converting from MIDI to notation software (Sibelius, Finale).
Notation Switchblade is designed to simplify the transition between a realistic orchestral MIDI mockup and a readable score by converting MIDI CC, MIDI program change, MIDI note velocity, and MIDI keyswitch (note) information into MusicXML metadata. It can be configured to work with practically any library that uses MIDI information to change articulations, the company says.
Notation Switchblade Features:
- Converts tuplets (not just triplets, but 5-, 7- or 9-tuplets) quantized in the MIDI sequencing program into readable tuplet notation.
- Translates to notation, including styles and articulations.
- Also translates to tablature.
- Automatically removes keyswitch notes from the score.
- A metadata process converts MIDI generated articulations, styles, and instrument names into MusicXML data that can be imported into standard music notation programs such as Sibelius and Finale.
- Mac and PC compatible downloadable program (8.45 MB).
- Customize Clefs for each track and beaming for any time signature.
- Works with any sample library using MIDI information to change articulations.
Pricing & Availability:
Notation Switchblade for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $99 USD.
More information: Audio Impressions
Viewers of this article also read...
- EastWest Odyssey Eastwest announces the US distribution of Odyssey, a new collection of sound libraries focused on sound design applications.
- Steinberg Hypnotic Dance Steinberg has released Hypnotic Dance, a new content set for HALion.
- Manx XS-1 & MM+ Manx has announced the release of two new VST instrument synth plug-ins for Windows.