Recordare MusicXML 3.0
Recordare has released version 3.0 of its MusicXML digital sheet music format.
It has also released version 6 of its Dolet plug-ins for the Finale and Sibelius notation programs to support the new MusicXML 3.0 format.
According to the company, MusicXML 3.0 has three main improvements compared to version 2.0:
- A standard taxonomy of 886 instrument sounds to allow better transfer of virtual instrument playback between applications.
- Coverage of more sheet music repertoires, including Chinese jianpu numbered notation, Turkish maqam music, Persian and Iranian music, and improved support for educational music.
- Support for newer and more detailed features of common Western music notation, including 20 features described in the new notation reference Behind Bars.
MusicXML 3.0 adds 76 new features compared to MusicXML 2.0 while staying compatible with earlier versions. All valid MusicXML 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0 files are also valid MusicXML 3.0 files.
Musicians can start using MusicXML 3.0's new features with the Dolet 6 for Finale and Dolet 6 for Sibelius plug-ins. Dolet 6 for Finale
imports and exports MusicXML 3.0 files from Finale 2000 and later. Dolet 6 for Sibelius exports MusicXML 3.0 files from Sibelius 5.1 and
Pricing & Availability:
Each plug-in costs $99.95 and can be purchased from Recordare's online store at shop.recordare.com.
The MusicXML format is supported by over 150 music applications on the Windows, Mac, Linux, and iOS operating systems. Major music
notation editors can read and write MusicXML files, and major music notation scanners can save MusicXML files. Developers of mobile
sheet music apps use MusicXML to exchange music notation files with these desktop programs.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Waves Special on $99 Plugins For a limited time only, when you purchase a selected $99 plugin in the Waves Online Store, Waves will give you a $100 voucher toward your next purchase.
- ElliottGarage EGDR808 ElliottGarage has released EGDR808, a drum machine for iPad that emulates the vintage hardware from the 80′s.
- Prime Loops Release Urban Kandy Urban Kandy is designed to melt together American hip hop with house beats, synth pop, rave sounds, techno and more to bring you a collection of sounds designed to cross both borders and genres.