« Nice little combo »Publié le 07/31/11 à 13:09
Not really sure if it workout since they discontinued it. It is two amps in one. You get two 50 watt amps or a stereo amps in one unit. Kind of unique feature. You have several models in this series line but this one was all by itself in this feature. Either way the amp does sound pretty decent for being a solid state amp and those sort of amps don't go over very well with me.
Double the power of the feature loaded, versatile MG50DFX and you get the MG250DFX with its stereo, 50W + 50W, power amp driving 2x12" custom speakers - awesome!
- Twin footswitchable channels - Clean & Overdrive
- Independent tone controls for Bass & Treble on each channel
- Contour Control for dramatic mid sweep and 'scooping'
- Emulated Line Out jack and Headphone jack
- CD input which allows you to play along to your favourite discs
- Built-in Digital Effects - Chorus/Delay, Chorus, Flange and Delay
- Separate Digital Reverb with level control
- Series Effects Loop
- Master Volume
- 2 x 12" custom-designed speakers
- FDD (Frequency Dependent Damping)
- Supplied 2-way footswitch (Clean/Overdrive, DFX on/off)
The amp has some decent tone for a solid state amp. It will never compare to a tube amp from Marshall or any other manufacturer, but good enough for practicing purposes. This amp has two channels one dedicate to the cleans tones and the other for distortion and overdrive. The amps clean is surprisingly not that bad while the distortion lacks a lot of beef and punch. But when you kick in the FDD switch you get some of that girth back.
The contour feature is a great feature that Marshall has been implementing in their amps. This control knob essentially dials in and out midrange frequencies to scoop them or beefy them up. This allows you to better dial in our tone with your favorite guitar, Each guitar has a brighter or warmer tone and this allows you to cater it better towards your existing gear.
This amp has been long discontinued. You would have to find it on the used market at this point. These are cool little practice amps and they are great with playing with another guitarist. I would recommend this amp to anyone who needs a solid sounding solid state practice amp.