Marshall VS230R
Marshall VS230R

Solid-State Combo Guitar Amp from Marshall belonging to the ValveState II series.

JohnnyG JohnnyG
Publié le 04/19/09 à 01:26
So it has a combo with 2 transistors 2x30W hp 10 '
The controls are simple:
for the clean channel volume, bass, treble
Saturated channel: gain, bass, contour (mid treble, volume
Common Settings:
reverb
Chorus: Speed ​​(rate), depth

2 switch footswitch channel relayed by the 1 / 2 and chorus on / off

if somewhat basic connectivity

Input
Footswitch
Direct output L & R

The setup is fairly simple, it happens quite quickly to a result.

The manual is useless

For a transistor distortion sound is cool (and does not blow itself (at full power without distortion play means no hum)

Some regrets:
No regulation of medium on the clean channel
No effects loop

The chorus is very effective and really gives the magnitude of the sound.
Two settings: as a traditional chorus or so in boost for solos:
speed and then the kids onregle depth depending on the volume that you want to solo

It should be enough to my style of music even if the distortion is ex officio a minimum "muscular"

So I play / played it with an Ibanez 170DX and Lag Arkane AM 100.
The light is surprising: after you change the guitar at all, with electric rock sound was crystalline enough (corect them are quite effective) eten plugging a guitar jazz jazzy sound was super credible (well not saturate it slightly like a lamp but it will do very well already.

I like the channel saturation but tends to remove the personality of the guitar. That said there is no lack of dynamics and when we play the slight decrease distortion.

I used it until I loose (well I'm not quite sure ... maybe it means there to save him). His input jack is almost dead and he changed the channel on your own ...

What I like is the chorus which allows passage rhythm / solo efficace.Les sounds that are correct then my time ...

What I regret is the lack of effects loop (maybe see how a fiddle and it would be above top) of its medium setting of clear and no master volume
For value for money is a gift that I was therefore virtually unbeatable.