Zt Amplifiers The Lunchbox
phmoulski phmoulski

«  A peach, a sound and incredible weight »

Publié le 04/26/11 à 06:21
Features:
Amp Transistor, 200W Power announced (130 W RMS, I never knew the difference).
The feeling is much less (it's a transistor amp) but it still has the respondent, the dynamics are impressive, it reacts instantaneously. I put eight, because given the size of HP (6.5 ") it fails to report at the bottom.
It has a DC presence (Reverb) rather pleasant.
Controller tone quite progessive and effective, a volume control and a gain control, also very progressive.
There is a headphone jack on the back of the camera handy to rehearse at home without scaring his government and its neighbors, a jack for external HP (I've plugged in a 2 x 12 cabinet or a cab 4 x 12, it sounds serious).
Socket to plug in an MP3 player, for example.

Very simple configuration, a single channel, 4 knobs. It's easy to find the sound, but beware of the provision of the beast.
Manual not read.

I play mostly blues (a few tens of years of practice to get to emulate SRV), jazz "blues" and bossa.
I bought the amp power light go on again, as receiver for sound to travel and small gigs in jazz clubs els less than 100 people.
For all these uses, it is perfect, and even better than that, I also used (for curiosity) on larger scenes (nearly 500) for a Cab driver 4 * 12 Marshall, and there it was good surprise for everyone, me, other zicos and especially sound engineer who is still not back.
I use it mainly with my copy of Japanese ES 335 from 1969 with two humbuckers, or my Mexican Start with the 1985 single.

In standard use (ie for me without pedal board), mid power amp crunch slightly with humbuckers (volume at half and winning at 2 / 3), it should push a bit more with single coils (Strat-type) to achieve the same result. It is versatile enough to be used as such for gigs in small places.
That said ZT likes pedals (OD, distortion, wah, delay and fuzz going very well).

I do not play metal, blues rock to edgy but for me it does almost as well as my Marshall BB or my VOX AC30 I go out less and less since this little beast has joined my team.

My only regret concerns of course the lack of fishing down when used alone (HP 6.5 "forces) but the rest of its qualities (weight, size, and even her) far outweigh the few frustrations sometimes. Transplanted a sound (either as an ID or with a type SM57 microphone) it gives very good results.

I use it almost daily for three months, again, at home and even in concert. I'm still amazed it's so easy to adjust, move that I wonder how I got lugging amps over 25 kg for all these years ...
As it was not really a competitor, I can not say I have tried many models, but when I wanted to equip myself with a lightweight amplifier, I researched the side of the amp model work Vox AC3 or AC5, small stacks Night Train or Vox type Blackstar HT 1 or type of amp modeling Roland Cube. While I recognize that small amp modeling have made tremendous progress in recent years, and can serve here and there, the lack of effects is not harmful, and I appreciate more the 4 or 5 kg less.
I would do without hesitation that choice, and I plan initially to append a cab, the same size and almost the same weight, to enhance the sound while remaining lightweight for small gigs or I do not want to take the car .