Crate GT3500H
dinds dinds

«  Gagne to be known! »

Publié le 12/15/10 à 08:49
Any amplification transistors, 3 channels (clean, rhythm, lead)
350w rms at 2 ohms
1 reverb
2 parallel outputs to the HP
An effects loop
A footswitch jack for channel and a footswitch jack for reverb
1 EQ for clean and volume
An equalizer for the speed with gain and volume
Lead channel includes equalizing the rhythm channel with gain, volume and shape that is a further correction of the medium.
A level adjustment of reverb.

Very complete, only little less, no presence control.

Nothing more simple, we immediately obtain the sound you seek. The adaptation time for a good half-hour is only necessary for the leader who really covers a range of sounds impressive!

The clean is beautiful, warm, dynamic, balanced.
The channel rate is not bad at all, to heavy crunch with a grain relatively british, it's pretty balanced and it is always very clean and very dynamic gain mounted up. Personally, I use in my lead channel with Coffin Case Blood Drive upstream or my tube screamer wanted by the grain ..
The lead channel on the other hand, friends metalheads, sounds very modern metal, the shape coupled to the equalization rate used to cover all types of sounds as they are typed metal and has nothing to envy the tenor of the style no pedal or preamp needed here because it really covers the whole range of metal sounds, even (if not most) the most extreme.
Please note, however, used guitar, this amp will be more pleasant with a precise and sharp guitar (EMG, Seymour SH11 ..) with which it has a huge sound and very accurate with a guitar loaded with grain for the amp itself has a huge grain and very greedy and this will require adjustments in order not to sound too fat that will not fully exploit the magnificent grain of this channel! Warning there are a lot of gain! (I never exceeds noon)
Warning, this head is intended in my humble opinion, even if it can show versatility (for rock and its derivatives, other choices are more appropriate), amateurs of all kinds of metal and extreme metal fans will love because it's a huge, loaded with grain, but never turns to mush sound .. Found

, tested and immediately bought by chance in a shop hand tools, I use it for 6 months and I have owned and tried almost everything that exists and that its wholesale Crate has absolutely nothing to be ashamed in front of the amp much more expensive as we remain within the field of metal and clean.
Its price / quality ratio is unbeatable opportunity to see excellent, it is very reliable because any transistor and will change my mind a good number of fans driven tube amp big sound even high-end (including myself before to possess). Mine was just a concern with reverb (which can happen on any amp undergoing a minimum of transport) and I with a new ACUTRONIC perfect for him but it is for this reason that I have done no comment on the original reverb because I've never heard ringing ..
I would do without hesitation that choice! Be careful, this sends a very strong head and under 2 in the sound volume does nothing good and 2 is already very strong so beware of neighbors! I use it in 4 ohms 2X12 daily (it's already pretty good) and full stack (8x12) in 2ohm and occasionally there's insane!