ESP Horizon FR-II
ESP Horizon FR-II

STC-Shaped Guitar from ESP belonging to the Horizon II series.

Anonymous
Published on 11/03/05 at 09:36
I am the happy owner of an esp horizon fr. It was manufactured in Japan. There are 24 frets and the hoop is correct. The configuration is two double duncan original sounding great. Vibrato is a floyd that works very well but I preferred to place two screws in the flat INSET floyd inserts type Allen keys. Indeed, when screwed or unscrewed with flat head screws, it tends to remove the paint that is on the screws and it's not the most beautiful effect with black hardware. Chromium are emerging of the screw. Having said that mine was very well regulated so I did not have to touch it. If you ever touch it and the chrome of the screw appears you can put some nail polish chrome black mask.
As for the tone volume settings, micro switch is happiness for those who like simplicity and I do. A 3-position selector gibson type under the two potentiometers. 1 for volume, one for tone, and it's all practice!
The neck is perfect, flat ebony fingerboard. open strings mound, it does not frieze and the strings are rather close to the handle.

The handle is very nice, it is flat, the strings are very close, it does not frieze is a autauroute!
Access to acute is very easy.
The ergonomics are good. The guitar is very light, the body is ash. In terms of form, it is a body type stratabound and was not done much better since. Except of course the shape of the head that is clearly oriented metal.
This gives a good sound easy but it can seem a might steep, probably because of the ash body. The wood is strong, clean-sounding. but push push splitter allows the microphones and you get to have a sound very similar to alder stratocasterien. So it is very clearly seen: at the same time you can have sounds very dry and sounds more muffled thanks to the push push. This acute for micro
As for the micro serious is not bad at all between the fender and gibson bass sound without a sound perfectly still Gibsonian. It's still more metal oriented but it's still very versatile and very good quality.

This guitar is perfect for rock and metal styles. Now c'esty as any. You can do anything with. But as soon as it comes in styles really blues or jazz, you will need another instrument of preference, it will be neither better nor worse, but more suitable. We do not rockabilly with a PRS and a mesa boogie, though, john 5 telecaster does it with a laney and in a style all its own. All that to say that the guitar will not change what you do on the handle but will be more or less well adapted to the style.
I play on my esp marshall tsl 100 head in saturated and clean sounds I get out of a twin. it works well in both cases. After all depends if you play with or without effects, it can change many things.
I get distorted sounds between the lens and fat with a carl martin plexitone that stands out the high notes, that guitar is already good by itself. You can hear everything, not just the infra serious!
I like the saturated tones and clear and I do not hate much. They all have their reasons to exist. Be sought after such sounds as a function of his style and the style in which we play.

The characteristic I like most about this guitar is the neck joint body with set neck, which témoingne a certain rigor in the assembly and that does not like to cheat on a Bolt by putting cardboard shims to raise the handle and then press against the strings. Clearly, with a set neck, if it does not work, obviously, we feel it right away, or of a will of consteur to pay attention to the joint body run. Once it's glued, we do not take off more. Only a luthier can do it!
I also like the varnish because fashion is currently no varnish on guitars and I think it's pity and unfounded. I really like the black varnish on the handle.
I tried other models before buying and what pleased me most is the combination of various elements: true floyd, ash, simple settings (volume, push push, key), key Ebony, the neck playability, comfort and look. I find these elements together in a very few brands.
I would definitely do it again this election.