G&L Legacy
G&L Legacy

STC-Shaped Guitar from G&L belonging to the USA series.

jimilu jimilu

«  A very good "Strat" »

Published on 12/16/13 at 10:39
Is it still necessary to present the brand G & L? Maybe because there are still tanks. Leo FENDER, the same one who created the famous brand in the early 50s, after he sold his company to CBS in the late '60s as a doctor had diagnosed an incurable infection, went with George Fullerton, its companion debut Fender, after recovery (like what the infection was not incurable!) several projects including among others MusicMan and G & L guitars. He resumed in 1980, the evolution of Fender guitars where he had left at the time of the sale to CBS.
So the G & L guitars are manufactured in the USA in Fullerton, California (stands as George!), Legacy, since it is this model is a Stratocaster, alder body, maple neck, maple or rosewood fingerboard, three microphones, nothing but traditional. Some progress has nevertheless been made, the bridge is a "dual fulcrum" own brand and electronics has been redesigned with the system "PTB" which acts on the three microphones. To complete the tower owner original trussrod system and a genuine bone nut.

To use it is a Strat! Simply! The neck is super nice, not too thick or too thin, it fits comfortably in your hand, a 12 "radius in versin standard. Yes, because it must be said that everything is editable on a G & L is the custom shop! When I say this is to say that custom in the Anglo-Saxon vocabulary means "custom development", so it is you who choose to take a standard G & L or you can change the radius of the neck, finish, color body, its appearance (relic or not), mechanical (locking) etc ....

Here we come to the heart of the subject, the sound! The pickups have magnets AlnicoV, the sounds are worthy of a great Strat, all positions sound, there this particular sound in the intermediate positions. The guitar sounds good, varnish is not too thick, without being nitro (it also can have optional!) In no crunch and saturated stall microphones hold well, Hendrix, SRV, Clapton, BLACKMORE are all under your fingers.

I bought this Legacy OCCAZ because I've had two years a G & L asat (telecaster) and I was amazed by the level of finish, quality of workmanship and materials used, the sounds.
I have a Strat in the late 80s, already since I Asat, I almost cheek, then there with the Legacy I'm not ready to put their hands on!
At the risk of repeating myself, G & L is the logical evolution of Fender guitars, imagine Leo FENDER not sick, he does not sell Fender to CBS ...... you follow me? Maybe Fender Strat, Tele and others resemble the G & L today, who knows?
A negative for the brand, and yes there is a lack of distributors, almost impossible to try a model and if come across a dealer he has no model in stock! Then there is the review to get an idea and I have yet to see any negative reviews.
I have redo the choice of a G & L and I do not regret it at all.