Ibanez RGA121
Ibanez RGA121

STC-Shaped Guitar from Ibanez belonging to the RGA Prestige series.

Anonymous
Published on 12/05/06 at 12:07
Made in JAPAN (for the Team J Craft, such as JEM ...)

24 Jumbo frets

2 humbucker, a neck in v7 and v8 in bridge (microphones firm)

I think over Gibraltar, a fixed bridge is solid and very good practice

Volume, tone, two knobs

Handle typical Ibanez (Wizard II) 5 pieces (maple / walnut / maple / walnut / maple), screwed, rosewood key, broad and flat (for those who love it's great (I like))

A flight case with superbre of pink pussy as a coating

Very nice finish, mahogany body and maple veneer table that gives the air of an old piece of furniture ... However, I note that my old RG1570 finish was a bit better for a lower price (not manufactured by the guys of Team J Craft)
It's strange but hey I'm quibbling, the difference is not so obvious

I noticed Ibanez was struggling to make fine marks on his sleeves IN ABALONE

And a single in the middle would not have the luxury!

Go 8

The handle ... I do not know if it's necessary to talk about it, some love it others do not and prefer logs

Ibanez makes great sleeves in terms of access to acute (very heel profile)

Stratabound form so the interface is excellent, very well balanced, light but was still something between the fingers which is not the balsa
Mechanics are pretty good agreement (Gotoh) and the rest of hardware seems to be at their height

Microphones rather than cons: no real color, not a lot of potatoes, V7 neck is still not bad, but for more records need to change the couillus v8
Lack a simple funk

With the original pickups: 6
With new pickups good brand: 9

Average of 7.5 ...

The sound is quite "hot", thank you for mahogany but still retains the brilliance (thank you maple)
Sustain adequate, not crazy stuff basically

It is in my possession for two weeks

I like the flight-case above all,) not in fact I like the guitar (no joke)

Yes I tried a few models, the ergonomics of RGS my preference but repelled me floyd ... and I think a lot of guys in my style are very pleased to finally have a free floating bridge RG to them because we BAT AWAY THE C ****** S of Floyd!
Okay I'm generalizing a bit: I fuck

Bah mics are not great but I must say that it pushes the customization and development of brands of microphones so ultimately it's a good thing.

The price / quality ratio is pretty good since I got it to OCCAZ to 650, with a new Dimarzio DropSonic (as Brad Delson hihihi! Super ...)
The price of 930 euros is still good for an instrument of this quality and all the goodies offered (great flight case (I leave it), allen keys etc.)

EDIT:
I belittle my note 8 for the original price of 930 euros, even if much (much) better than a strat-level q / p!