AKG K 702
AKG K 702

K 702, Studio headphone from AKG in the K 702 series.

AlexJansen 10/18/2011

AKG K 702 : AlexJansen's user review

«  surgical »

• Partager
This headphone is, as the brand makes clear, a headphone designed for mixing and mastering. In other words, a kind of 'work hard hat. " From this perspective, it does its job: retail, spatial, neutral frequency response. It is completely flat, and lets nothing pass, and if something fair in your mix, it will point directly above the ear, without mercy! So it's not a flattering headphone, which may have some remarks about the alleged lack of seating in the lower etc ... I think we're too used to eat low in all directions, and the K702 is there to remind us.
I find this headset just perfect. My mixes made with sound then easily on all media (channels, radio ...), it's a headphone analytic surgery.

The only small negative point: the leather under the arch is a little difficult at first, but using it softens and becomes more comfortable. They also say that this headset requires a few hours break-in (100/200) so that it delivers all it has in the belly I personally did not notice any difference between when I tested for the first time and now (although it must have 400/500 hours).

If I break it, I buy the same.