Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Audio-Technica ATH-M50

Studio headphone from Audio-Technica belonging to the ATH-M series.

Alarrachebdx Alarrachebdx

«  Excellent monitoring headphones »

Published on 09/02/14 at 05:01
I use it for almost a year before I tried sony, the akg, the grado beats (but it should burn them when making music).

What I like about this headset is its accuracy (perfect for EQ, reverb work etc etc).
Neutrality (all spectrum is well transcribed. Its strength, its very nice cord that stretches over several meters.

What I like the least ... Well I do not know. Apart from its mouth can be dj headphones that could pass for a technics headphones.

I use this headset for monitoring Mao. It is very nice to wear, perfectly fits my big head (haha). Over time it is very tiring for the ears. After it remains a headphone necessarily so after two or three hours it starts to warm up a bit but it's still excellent.

For headphones in this price range, yes it breathes soldité and robustness. Its connectivity is not detachable, but when you know you are gaining audio quality, that's all bah benef.
For my case, since I have less than a year, no it is not degraded.

So here we finally enters the heart of the matter. For 150 euros a headset sound quality is exceptional! Almost perfect balance, very good bass (although I have read that some people find them a bit forward, which is not my case), mids are sublime, especially in the low tops, and treble do not attack each ear hair while remaining detailed ultras. As for the stereo, she is right.
Its noise level is excellent, it can really send the wood. Only downside, it lacks serious low noise.
Rated insulation is not a bullshit thing with reducing external noise, so you get still a little extérieux. But it's a studio headphones, not a nomad headphone to ride around town.