< Tous les avis Audio-Technica ATH-M20x

nan3200 nan3200

« Very good for its price ! »

Published on 07/29/16 at 05:46
Audience: Advanced Users
I use it to listen all kinds of music either home or away on mobile devices, on a smartphone and various fixed audio interfaces (m-audio firewire solo, focusrite 2i2, xfi usb hd, audiophonics U-sabre).
It’s well built, seems sturdier than most headphones I’ve had the opportunity to try or own in this price range.
This trustworthy and sturdy aspect is a good thing and should allow it to survive longer than other headphones…

Soundwise, how clear it is!
What I mean is, sound is “airy”, you can actually feel a sort of space in between the instruments, e.g. it all sounds more detached than with a Senn in the same price range.
But of course, with just any headphone in this price range, don’t push the volume too high or the sound gets messy, which is quite logical.
I’ve had the opportunity to compare it with many of its competitors, and provided you like audio technica’s signature sound (a bit light on the mids and a bit too much low mids (but still dry) with an overall “credible” sound), it’s one of the best you’ll find.
I’ve been a Senn fanboy for ages now and I must admit this model may convert me.

I favour it over my AKGs for instance, as they’re very pleasant but comparatively the sound dull ond too soft.

All in all, it’s a great surprise, not so expensive and it provides a really convincing sound, and most important a worthy building quality (it’s not a plastic thing all about bling bling).

Well done, AT!