Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 Ohms
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 Ohms

Studio headphone from Beyerdynamic belonging to the DT 770 Pro series.

PhiBee PhiBee

« Good product, good compromise. »

Published on 05/25/14 at 02:58
I use them (250 Ohm version) in my home studio to compose, record, control my mixes and rough-mix.
They have a rich (in the lows) and wide sound. Despite their weight and size, you can have long listening hours with them without any fatigue.
Like every listening tool (headphones or speakers, regardless of their price), you need some time to understand them and get to know their "qualities" and "defects."
I now know them well enough to "mix" in silence, even if I still prefer to use speakers.

Solid, mini-jack and 1/4" jack (with screw-on adapter).
No degradation for the time being, neither the sound nor the cushions.

Good overall quality. Comfortable listening (Too much maybe? They bring to mind Genelec speakers, which are pretty flattering and require some time to "know" them and use them properly).
The 250-ohm version (with Yamaha AX-490 amp, from when they still made good and not so pricey amps... But that's another story) is comfortable enough to work in an effective and detailed manner. In terms of isolation from the exterior, they are ideal for my room and surroundings (which aren't very noisy, I must admit): No complaints!

I've been using them for 3 years and I'm quite satisfied. They fulfilled my wish list back then: Sound quality, manufacturing quality, use, and price.
I recommend them and, yes, I'd buy them again (even if that's a simplistic and not too rigorous way of seeing things, given the number of new products that hit the market every year!).

PS: For studio recording, go for the 80-ohm version.