< Tous les avis Sony MDR-7506

Studio headphone from Sony belonging to the MDR series

yoTrakkz yoTrakkz

« great buy »

Published on 10/06/11 at 23:05
Great phones. I use them for detailed listening, tracking, etc. - even mixed. Mixing to headphones in general is not the best idea, but if you know your headphones and what things should sound like for a good mix, its not THAT hard. I've done better mixes with these than some of the cookie-cutter template mixes you'll hear everyday from the high end studio. With all of the different types of headphones on the market today its hard to pick a solid pair that are stable. These are very stable there arent pretty to look at like some of the skull candy headphones or dre beats. But they do the job, I put these up there right with the dre beats. Not as good though, but close. Plus the price is very affordable. I am not sure if they still make these, I got mine back in 2004.

These headphones are super comfortable, and the fold-up design is awesome. I've owned my pair for at least 7 years and they're just about all I've used. They're very durable and they sound REALLY good. And in fact, that is probably my only issue with the 7506. They sound too good. Pretty much every mix I've ever done with them sounds unbelievably awesome in the headset, but when the final mix is played on another system, there is much to adjust. I guess you just have to learn to compensate, but it seems like a lot of compensation especially on the lows and clarity of it all (as in the headset sounds much fuller, clearer and punchier than the mix really is).

Overall, These headphones also have great bass response and very detailed mids and highs. I use these to monitor my mixes and they come out very good and translate well over my studio monitors. I also have the Sennheiser eH-150 headphones and I use them now strictly for tracking vocals.