Parallax-Audio upgrades VirtualStudioStage
VirtualStudioStage, the plug-in that allows for virtual placement of orchestral instruments in a concert hall, has been upgraded to v2.
VirtualSoundStage 2 features a brand new graphic interface with all the elements you need to control the sound of your instruments in virtual spaces : global and per instrument bypass, solo and mute, input offset with gain and delay, level, positions, early reflexions and more.
What’s new in VirtualStudioStage 2:
- New GUI
- Ability to manage all the plug-in instances within a single window
- Rewritten early reflexion algorithms so you have a brand new sound
- New speaker control section with directivity, width and air absorption controls
- New presets for the 8Dio Adagio, Cinematic String 2, Cinesamples Cinebrass Core and Pro, EastWest Hollywood Brass and Strings, LA Scoring Strings, Orchestral Tools Berlin Woodwinds, Project SAM True Strike, Samplemodeling The Trumpet, The Trombone and French Horn & Tuba, Spitfire Harp, Solo Strings and Percussion and the VSL Vienna Special Edition sample libraries
This version 2 is available in two editions: Lite with a single hall and 4 microphone sets ; it is available for $129.
The Pro edition ($229) features 9 concert halls and 14 mic sets. An upgrade from version Lite to Pro can be purchased for $100 and owners of VirtualSoundStage 1 can get an upgrade for $24 (Lite) or $99 (Pro).
VirtualSoundStage 2 is a VST, AU and AAX 32 and 64-bit plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows. You can test the Pro version for free (but can’t save the settings) by downloading the trial version at www.parallax-audio.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Future Audio Workshop looking for beta testers Future Audio Workshop is currently working on the new version of their Circle virtual synth and is looking for volunteers to beta test it.
- Bass and drums for SampleTank 3 Free IK Multimedia offers this week no less than 6 instruments for the free SampleTank 3 version.
- Molecule, new multiband processor plug-in Sinevibes introduces Molecule, a new plug-in for Mac that allows for processing differently the three frequency bands of your audio signal.