The Reloop RMP-2.5 Alpha is the latest member of Reloop's RMP-series and a cross media player with additional MIDI function.
Besides playing current audio formats such as WAV and MP3 from CD, CD-R, memory stick or hard disk drive, it is also possible to control a MIDI compatible DJ software (for example Traktor) thanks to the RMP-2.5's MIDI compatibility.
All the user interface's control elements send out MIDI commands. Via the shift function all control elements are double assigned with MIDI commands which makes it possible to control two virtual decks with only one RMP-2.5 Alpha. The assignments can be stored as MIDI presets for various purposes. No matter whether audio or MIDI, with the touch sensitive jog wheel, the control feeling is designed to be vinyl-like. Its micro pitch of up to 0.02% allows pitch adjustments and bending. The shockabsorbing bearing of the device's feet, as already known from the RMP-3, is designed to secure the RMP-2.5 from getting out of place.
The RMP-2.5 disposes of some new features: In order to play music from one USB source on two players the RMP-2.5 Alpha comes with the possibility to be connected to a further RMP-2.5 Alpha via USB audio link. Also you can use the Data Base Builder software to analyse the desired USB drives, thus obtaining filtered results. Another feature is the Next Track function: During playback you can select the next track. The Reloop RMP-2.5 Alpha is a combination of CD/MP3 player, USB mass storage media player and MIDI software controller.
- Cross media player and software controller
- Play CDs & MP3 disks, connect USB sticks & hard drives and control software
- USB Audio Link: Connect two RMP-2.5 Alpha players to play music from one USB source
- Search/Filter Function: Track filter search via various criteria such as title, artist, album or genre
- Control elements are MIDI compatible (25 buttons, 1 turning knob, 1 push encoder, 1 fader, 1 jog wheel), double assignment via shift function
- MIDI presets selectable
- Several RMP-2.5 Alpha can be linked for MIDI control
- USB 2.0 port for connection of hard disks, USB sticks, etc.
- Loop function / reloop function
- Automatic and manual beat counter
- Touch-sensitive, two-part jog wheel
- Scratch simulator with return-to-cue function
- 4 independent 5 sec. sample banls (pitchable)
- 4 independent cue point banks
- ID3 TAG support
- Track and folder search
- DotMatrix VFD display for all functions
- Long pitch fader (can be switched off)
- Adjustable pitch range (+/- 4/8/16/100%)
- Micro pitch with a resolution of up to 0.02%
- Pitch Lock and Master Tempo
- Pitch bend of up to +/-100%
- Frame search
- Start via 1 bit technology (8 fold)
- Playing address
- 10 sec. anti-shock memory
- Elapsed/remain time display
- Sleep function
- Slot-in loading mechanism with illuminated display
- Shock absorbing feet bearing
- Playback from cue point
- Relay play
- Fader start play
- Headphones output
- D/A converter: 8 fold/1 bit
- Dimensions: 322 x 112,6 x 340 mm
- Weight: 3.6 kg
Check out Reloop DJ for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] Reloop Beatmix 4 mk2 Reloop present an mk2 version of their Beatmix 4 DJ controller specifically optimized for Serato.
- NI expands Stems support with Traktor Pro 2 update Native Instruments today released Traktor Pro 2.10.1, a free update that extends control of the Stems format to all Traktor users.
- [NAMM] Rane MP2014 DJ mixer After launching the MP2015 4-channel DJ mixer last year, Rane introduces a 2-channel version, the MP2014.