[NAMM] Antelope Audio Goliath
At the NAMM, Antelope Audio has displayed the Goliath, a massive audio interface about which very little has filtered, but we tell you more.
Attentive visitors at the Antelope Audio booth could catch a glimpse of the Goliath, a USB, Thunderbolt and MADI 36 x 32 audio interface with 16 built-in microphone preamps - very likely the first release to be issued from the manufacturer's newly announced collaboration with Overloud.
Although unconfirmed, the feature list for the device seem very likely to be as follows:
- 36 ins
- 32 outs
- 16 Class A mic preamps
- 4 instrument DIs
- 2 transformer Reamp outs
- 2 headphone outs with built-in talkback on the front
- 2 sets of stereo inserts
- 2 monitor outs
- AD/DA converters
- Antelope clocking technology
- Ability to route 64 channels via Thunderbolt to MADI, AES, ADAT, S/PDIF digital signal
- DB25 connector for 24 outputs (1-8 for surround mixing) + 16 line ins
- 2 BNC Word Clock outs
- Direct control buttons
- Multifunctional Color touchscreen
- Software control panel for Mac and PC for audio routing with 5 recallable presets, wireless control supported for iOS and Android device apps
- Custom DSP based on FPGA and Guitar FX : process up to 4 zero latency mixers with AuraVerb, vintage and modern EQs and compressors ; Antelope new RealModel technology ; AFX Engine to stack and combine fx to custom FX chains ; Overloud guitar audio tools preloaded
- Clocking : 4th generation of AFC jitter management algorithm and oven-controled crystal oscilator ; can be synced to the Antelope 10MX Rubidium Atomic Clock ; can be used as a master clock for 2 other products
No details as to a release date or price - and no word about it yet on the Antelope Audio website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] SONiVOX PitchMIDI SONiVOX has announced its new PitchMIDI real-time audio-to-MIDI synthesizer and converter software.
- [NAMM] [VIDEO] Tom Graham about Pro Tools 12.5 Mike Levine interviews Avid's marketing manager Tom Graham about the cloud-collaboration features in the soon-to-be-released Pro Tools 12.5.
- [NAMM] [VIDEO] New UAD plugins An presentation of the three new plugins to be introduced with the upcoming UAD software's version 8.5.