ESP Ron Wood Maple
ESP Ron Wood Maple

TLC-Shaped Guitar from ESP belonging to the Signature series.

lala-lala lala-lala
Publié le 08/31/08 à 06:39
A guitar probably made in Japan.
Alder body shape Télécaster hanging weight, perfectly black varnish applied with a simple thread on the edge of the table and back.
The maple neck while not too thick "D", reported no key, the frets are small (but larger than the vintage?) And well put.
A Telecaster in all its glory but the microphone is a double grave. 3 position pickup selector, volume and tone.

The nickel finish is the same under the microscope!

[edit: i learned recement it is made in the esp custom shop! this explains the quality of the finish]

Question ergonomics is a telecaster: we feel that the guitar is there, and access to acute but not much top (Who would the idea of ​​playing on the 32nd fret on a TV?)
The handle is a real treat (better than a fender to tell my buddies)
Keep in mind that a telecaster is a board, a handle and two microphones: no question of floyd, split the microphone, Chanfrain on the body, or table carved or shower. This is a guitar (a shovel?) And you have to die with Erder **: if you can not play: it sounds it!

I have 2 amps and a Roland JazzChorus a marshall JCM800 50w (50w combo 2Hp)

Clearly, this guitar sounds: when I bought it, there are 7 or 8 years, I had my money in my pocket and want to take me a telecaster: I tested a standard fender and Blade (I remember more than that) The blade was more beautiful, but sounded much less (it is where the Twang?), the fender sounded a bit off, and buzzer as soon as he put any overdrive. The ESP, it is silent, and has the twang characteristic of this guitar.

I climb ropes 11/52. The microphone is aggressive sharp, dry and bright: the one between the Jew's harp, banjo, and guitar: I love it! When the microphone serious, it is soft and warm: nickel for blues or jazz. The mix of two pickups give a very particular sound mixing characteristics of two microphones: a friend is a fan, I do not.

I have a small stock of distortion pedals to make it all a little squeak.
1) AD-50 + = On the Tube screamer Blues Blues explosion ...
2) AD-50 + Metal = zone configuration as it is stupid: I tried again: now I know this is very stupid as config ...
3) AD-50 + Ibanez = Disto Rock'n'roll with power for ever!
5) JCM800 + TS = Bad ... it looks like the aggressive side of the TV remains in the pedal ...
6) JCM800 + MT-2 config = My favorite is playing the No-FX Black Desire through the Thugs. The sound is nervous, we keep every note intelligible, and the spirit of the TV or breathless buzz.
7) JCM800 + DS7 = well, it sounds not sound too shrill treble.
Note: The drive of the MT2 is max 10 hours (over drive Noit completely the sound of the shovel)

In short, it not ring with any but when we found the right config, that deposit! I am very open zic level that I play even if it is technically very simple and very rock'n'roll or Hard-core. In addition, my work has focused on the rhythm (ugh, the solo)
What is amazing is that my game is different on this guitar, the sustain shabby either forced to play stacato in cotcot or a lot of notes. I also have two copies strata (one with three single and one with two singles and a double) and my game is more "cool" on the last 2.
NB: I have 10 years of practice but only 6 months of learning: this stuff myself of work ranges

EDIT: I sold my Fender Prosonic for a JCM800. Whatever settings Prosonic, the guitar sounds (ding dong) monstrous: in short, as in crunch, as distortion: this deposit, it rocks, it's hard, it'll unravel the pants.

In short, this guitar is punk (or roots) in the spirit (in the sense of the word) No frills, sounds simple right and nervous.
The only criticism I would make him is the fact that the body is alder and not Ash: Ash is brilliant and even more nervous. (Gnak, gnak!)
At the moment I do not change as a fender '52 (better: for Esquire), but compared to Fender USA standard, the PSE is better and I would bring a series of rather Deluxe U.S. because the finish is nickel and top-flight hardware.

[edit: guitar for sale: i go in search of a tv '52 after having tested one. the neck suits me better and ash, ah, ash ...]