Fender Pro Tube Princeton Recording Amp
Fender Pro Tube Princeton Recording Amp

Tube Combo Guitar Amp from Fender belonging to the Princeton series.

matos1977 matos1977

«  Incredibly good / versatile / Perfect for flat ' »

Publié le 06/15/10 à 07:29
Amp any lamp.

With the effects loop you can disconnect the preamp's output stage, offering lots of scope to tweak, invest its effects, loops, or use a Sansamp pedal Blackstar HT Dual as a preamp .. .

XLR output for home studio recording and making no noise. For my part I prefer to record what comes out of Bafil!

MOST OF THIS AMP: the power attenuator. He lowers the watts of the amp, so that you can play, pushing the lights but reasonable volume. So versatility is the watchword of this amp. Want to make Princeton a cruncher? Well here it is possible! You want to take full advantage of a dual HD Blackstar pedal? Insert it in the effects loop and you end up with a Marshall or Vox amp, put the fully saturated and dish out a volume that is reasonable without incurring the wrath of the girlfriend or neighbors.

I tried moultes amps. The advantage of this is that you have a REAL Fender quality (not a small amp with no personality) usable at home! (We do not all of the stage!). On occasion you find it at 600 €. Well, it is highly competitive because it is POLYVAL!

The variety of settings through the power attenuator, to combine with the compressor (which may well be saturating the tubes!), The overdrive circuit, and reverb, and you're a very very wide tonal palette without necessarily adding of effects pedals. Amazing this amp ...

Add effects pedals and you're ready for all registers except the metal (there are other brands for this): Pink Floyd, reggae, rock, 70's, 60's ...

Super simple setup after we took the time to adopt!

At first I was confused because accustomed to amplifiers input range or with a potato that hid the lack of harmony ...

Result after several months of use: I come to set the amp so that I can have a multitude of sounds!!

Register extensive restoration quality and nuances to the fingers and the type of guitar perfect (enriched our game !!!).

Manual very poor, but as I learn every day, in secret is the electric guitar experimentation.

Edit 21 October 2010: you can plug a guitar electro acoustic top is a treat ...

I persist and sign: it is an extraordinarily polyvalant amp. With you to sculpt the sound.

But be careful if you play in a group with a drummer who hits too hard, you can not easily differentiate yourself ... Unless you plug the amp on the sound system!

It gets all kinds of sounds!

Crystalline legendary Fender,
Creamy overdrive,
Compressed
Stick him in analog delay pedal EHX and it is pure space
Only the reverb that is subjective, get tired. I would have stuck a EHX Holy Grail and is the top.

Short perfect for playing blues, reggae, jazz, rock, fusion, vintage, etc. ...

CONNECTOR THROUGH A HIGH QUALITY!

The year of use has passed. I changed the lamps to vary the preamp sounds. Result, for fifty euros have a more complex, fuller with more depth.

I tried many amps, it's a matter of taste but objectively, it far surpasses a lot of amps in its price range. In any case, OCCAZ, if the seller has not abused is an excellent deal. I tested the Marshall class 5 which is really surprising from a height of 5 watts, but the Fender (which is not sailing in the same price for sure) dethroned the field capacity.

Good afternoon, I remember that I am not entirely objective (that principle in the music!). I'm addicted to Fender amps! I have friends who tested it at home next to a Superfield XD. All preferred the small hybrid (which contains digital!) Flatter, less harmonious and almost bland next to a "real" amp ... In my opinion it is a matter of habit ... question of ear, so taste! But I can never return to the transistor!

Ask the professionals, all will reply that this amp is top!