Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Tube Combo Guitar Amp from Fender belonging to the Hot Rod Deluxe series.

Lvr67 Lvr67
Publié le 08/05/04 à 10:48
40 watt tube amp
2 6L6 and 3 12AX7
3 channels (Clean, Drive and More Drive), in fact in practice 2 channels Clean and Drive (More Drive is just a boost, notament saturation settings are the same as the drive channel).
A handy footswitch pedal.
Effects loop in Series

We get the sound right away. Super easy to use.
Note that I see very often in forums of people complaining about the excessive power of the Hot Rod for domestic use. It is true that the base is not made for that, but putting a good volume pedal (ernie ball for example) in the loop (which is standard) can have its very hot and not too much pressure acoustics.

I fear I may be biased, but when you love the clean and crunch sounds, it represents the reference (relative to its price of course). Blues, Rock, Jazz ... Hot Rod What!
He also tolerates the addition of distortion pedals, but do not depart from the base register (a metal box has nothing to do there !!!).
The reverb is usable up to 1.5!?!? then he must love!

Amp fairly exclusive use. I use it for two years and without any ulterior thought I would buy the same.
Very satisfactory value for money. I never get tired of that sound.
Use in dangerous apartment (saved with a volume pedal).
Note that my on my model that dates back at least two years it says Made in Japan, while the new models it says Made in Mexico!, But I think it's an unimportant detail .