« Gleaming Texas Tone in Family Black »Publié le 04/27/11 à 14:12
Mesa Boogie is one of the best amplifier companies in the world. The have been building high grade high quality amps since the 70's. The took a different approach to the high gain amps that Marshall was putting out at the time and whet a bit different route. The have been able to grab a piece of the rock and roll market and push the envelope.
With this amp they continue that tradition of expanding their territory in the amplifier world.
• Pure Class A, Multi-Watt™, Channel Assignable Power Amp (Patent Pending) allows you to assign either 1, 2 or all 4 Power Tubes to each Channel for Power Ratings of 5, 15 or 30 Watts per Channel via independent 5/15/30 Watt Power Switches / 4xEL84, 5x12AX7, 1x5Y3
• Rectifier Tracking™ (5&15 Watt Mode = Tube, 30 Watt = Diode - Patents 5,168,438 & 7,193,458)
• 2 Fully Independent Channels each with Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Reverb & Master Controls
• Channel 1=Boutique Vintage Clean/Classic Breakup
• Channel 2=Clone of Ch 1 or Cascading High Gain
• Drive/Clean Switch activates Ch 2 "Drive" Control (Multi-Stage Cascading Gain Circuit)
• Thick/Normal/Thicker Voicing Switch (Channel 2)
• All-Tube, Long Spring Reverb with Bright/Warm Reverb Tone Switch
• Output Level Control (over all channels when activated)
• Footswitchable Solo Level Control – Patent 6,724,897 (over all channels when activated)
• All-Tube FX Loop with Send Level Control (over all channels when activated)
• True "Hard" Bypass Switch that removes FX Loop, Output Level & Solo Level Controls from signal path
• Slave Out w/Level Control
• Fan Cooled with On/Off Switch
• External Switching Jacks for Channels 1/2, Solo & Reverb • All Aluminum Chassis
• 2 Button Footswitch (Channel 1/2 & Solo)
• Slip Cover
I love how modern Mesa Boogies now have a foot switchable effects loop. So you can with easy click on the footswitch and take the effects loop out of the circuit. This is handy for the tone purist that doesn't want anything in between his guitar and amp. Some effects loops degrade the tone a little bit and this attacks that issue.
I love the tone of this amp. The clean tone of this amp is amazing. This is basically Mesa's approach towards the blues and country rock players. It still retains that natural grind that is infamous with Mesa Boogies, but a milder voicing for the softer bluesier side of rock and roll. Still a killer amp and an amp full of warm tone. You really hear the warmth of the tone in this amp compared to other Mesa Boogies. There is a purist to the tone and sweetness to the structure of its voicing.
This is a fantastic amp for those who want a little tamer Mes boogie amp and still want the features and feel that makes Mesa Boogie great. This is a great amp with many features and tone for fender and Marshall players all around. Having two separate channels with several voicing options within each channel along with a solo boost, this amp is a go ready gigging amp for many players.
At new these amps come in at around $1850, which isn't a bad price for a solid built combo with this many features. And not a bad price for an optional color over the Texas brown and wheat grille. I recommend this to the person who plays a lot of covers or pop and rock music. This is going to be one of Mesa Boogies' most versatile amplifiers.