Marshall Vintage Modern 2466H
Marshall Vintage Modern 2466H

Tube Guitar Amp Head from Marshall belonging to the Vintage Modern series.

iamqman iamqman

« Not realy my thing »

Published on 08/11/11 at 16:13
I can honestly say I don't know what Marshall was thinking with this amplifier. From the first look at this amplifier it has a purple tolex cover within some black which is not very appealing cosmetically. The amp is pretty easy to dial-in but I don't really find the tone to be that much of a take on the new modern sounding amps. It could be the Kt 66 output power tubes which I've never been a fan of or it could just be the circuitry itself. This is really an amp that I cannot jive with very easily and even though I did spend a lot of time with it I just couldn't find the sweet spot that highlights my playing within this amplifier.

Marshall 2466 Vintage Modern 100-watt Amplifer Head Features:

Height 12.2"
Width 29.53"
Depth 9.06"
Weight 49.6 lbs.

This amplifier is a mix between the vintage modern styles of Marshall amplification. It has more of a sound towards the classic sounding Marshall than it does the modern sounding Marshall modded amplifiers. I couldn't find a good modern Marshall tone in this amplifier. If you pick this amplifier up you would definitely need to get modified by someone. If it were between this amplifier and the martial JCM 2000 DSL I would choose that amplifier over this one very easily. That amplifier is heading shoulders tone wise and more versatile than this amplifier can ever be. You can find these amplifiers pretty cheap on the market but I would definitely go over this amplifier with someone you knew how to modify. It sounds OK for what it is, but very expensive to pick up even new.

At the new prices you can find these amplifiers for right around $1600. That's not a bad price for new one but certainly isn't something that I would buy. I can't stress this enough. This is not a modern sounding Marshall amplifier doesn't sound like anything new that is coming out the music scene today. If you needed new modern Marshall tone then I would look towards the JVM Marshall amplifiers or even some of the new boutique amplifier such as Splawn amplification.