Marshall JVM410HJS Joe Satriani Edition
Marshall JVM410HJS Joe Satriani Edition

Tube Guitar Amp Head from Marshall belonging to the Signature series.

DannyB_KY DannyB_KY

« To This Date, the Most Killer Multi-Channel Amp Marshall has ever Built! »

Published on 11/20/18 at 21:56
Audience: Advanced Users
jip96's review is spot on, so I won't repeat.

The 410V HJS is most versatile multi-channel amp Marshall has ever built. The basic gain structure is different, and makes it even more versatile than the already versatile 410V.

From other Marshall's I've owned or played, the OD1/OD2 gain is more useable than others. Where others get fizzy, the HJS just keeps singing.

Four channels and 3 modes per channel. Each channel is a big jump in gain, each mode is a slight, incremental jump in gain, on the way to the next big jump/channel. It's like going up a set of steps. Sell your OD pedals. All you need is your guitar volume.

If I were to special order a custom amp from Marshall, I'd hope it would be this!

I was lucky and blessed. I bought mine new, about 5 months before production stopped. I play through a 1960B with an ARCOM DAG attenuator. Each channel has it own Master Volume, which I set to "9". I wear either a set Westone 24db earplugs or my Shure IEMs. I try to use as little attenuation as possible. The HJS is a MONSTER! There is something to be said about Marshall amps with a plate choke. Plate chokes are sonic magic wrapped in iron. The regular 410V doesn't have a plate choke as neither did its predecessor, the much maligned JCM 2000 Triple Super Lead.

This amp is a "must have" and a "keeper" for Marshall fans.