The MOD102 is based on classic American tube circuit design combined with a British style Class A output tube section.
At low volume it produces a clean chiming tone that moves into smooth overdrive at higher volumes, the manufacturer explains. All parts are included along with a pre-drilled aluminum chassis, wire, and tubes (one EL84 and one 12AX7).
MOD Kits are designed to give both novice and experienced musicians the opportunity to build their own amps and effects pedals, the company says. All kits come with instructions and use point-to-point wiring. A pre-drilled enclosure and all parts are included. You need to provide hand tools, a soldering iron and solder. The effect pedals operate on a 9V battery; for a longer lasting option, a 9-volt adapter can be purchased separately.
A complete listing of kits available from MOD Kits is as follows:
- MOD 101 Guitar Amp Kit - 60 watts of tube power using your choice of either 6L6's or EL34's. Choose from 32 different variations of the circuit to suit your tonal preferences including: Tone Stack, Input Voltage Divider, Negative Feedback, Bypass Cap & Power Tube.
- The Rattler Pedal Kit - Build your own distortion effects pedal. Tone similar to the Vintage 60's and 70's effects pedals. Comes with variable components to customize your tone.
- The Piledriver Pedal Kit - A clean boost kit that provides up to 38 dB of gain to your guitar signal. Use it to push your preamp into overdrive or as a line driver if you are experiencing signal degradation from your effects chain. This is a simple kit, good for beginners.
- The Verb Pedal Kit – For sweet warm reverb sound, build your own digital reverb pedal using the Belton Digi-Log module.
- The Persuader Pedal Kit - Make your own tube pre-amp pedal built around a 12AX7 tube. Go from clean, warm tone to smooth, tube overdrive.
Other components available from MOD Kits include MOD Reverb Tanks, the Jensen MOD speaker line and MOD Oil Capacitors.
Check out www.modkitsdiy.com for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.