[NAMM] New Orange Amps Tube Bias Tech
Orange Amps launch new tube bias technology DIVO (Digital Intelligent Valve Optimisation) featuring TubeSync at Winter NAMM 2011.
The new DIVO technology is designed to automatically adjust the bias of the output power tubes to ensure their full potential is realised. It is designed to monitor the amp’s performance and isolate faulty tube failures, by running them at half power until the tubes can be changed. The DIVO system also increases the reliability of amplifiers by maintaining the optimum performance of the tubes by performing an ‘in circuit’ test every time the amplifier is powered up, the company says.
Here is the rest of what Orange had to say on DIVO:
- "DIVO technology opens up a whole new dimensions in tone options allowing for the first time ever the ability to mix and match tubes. You can experiment with an EL34, 6L6, 6550, KT77 or any other tube type all at the same time in the same amp. With DIVO the Tubes are automatically matched."
- "DIVO will extend the lifespan of your tubes and never again pay a tech to re-bias."
- "DIVO can be easily integrated into any almost any guitar tube amplifier."
Orange amps will be offering this as option in their new Rockerverb 100 which will be ‘DIVO Ready’. For other Orange amps and most other brands Orange offer the DIVO Orange Tube Sync OV4, a standalone unit.
You can see this product demonstrated on the Orange Music Booth 4674 Hall C
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] ESP LTD Xtone Acoustic Guitars The LTD Xtone AC-5E, AC-10E, AC-20E, and AC-30E will soon be available at ESP dealers.
- [NAMM] Fender Wayne Kramer Stratocaster Fender introduces a replica of the starred-and-striped Stratocaster guitar that MC5 guitarist and Detroit proto-punk Wayne Kramer used back in the late 1960s and early 1970s.
- [NAMM] ESP KH-2 SE Kirk Hammet Signature Another limited edition Kirk Hammett Signature Series model is being introduced in 2011.