Sovtek MIG 100
MGR/Smokeater MGR/Smokeater

« Sovtek Mig 100H »

Published on 12/10/03 at 15:00
Bought from musicians Friend as a closeout...paid $250 US

This amp is the definition of heavey metal....so forget about any soft music unless it's an 80's power ballard...there's a hi and low input and the low input is not clean!!....Even set at a volume of 1 the distortion and harmonic response is incredible...I have never been happier with another amp in my 20+ years of playing.

Absolutely nothing...with the slight exception that reverb would be a nice addition

construction is like a bomb shelter...very rugged build inside and out...no frills toggle switchs and pots..it sid blow my mind that the rear output jacks have some plastic content (probably to isolate from the chasis ground) and sever have cracked...a simple $2 fix...not an issue.

Bottom line is that it sucks that they are no longer manufactured...I'm such a fanatic that I'll buy any available...and I have built exact replica's for a small cost...plus I have several mods that are pretty awesome....I can build anyone a 50 or 100 watt if interested.
crobichaud@net1plus.com